On 31 November 2021, I finally received the keys to my new property, and after months of waiting bank approval, the day has finally come. Its a dream come true and I love every acre of it.
With more than 2000 trees, alot of wildlife and georgeous flora, I still can’t believe this is actually mine. The property is completly fenced and has water all the way around for total privacy.
Thats alot of stones!
Except for the house itself: its basicly abit too small for my needs, so I’m gonna extend it bigtime, both on the front and back. There already is a small warehouse that I already have plans with and I’m also planning on building a brand new garage/mancave in the future. But more on that later.
The previous owners used the property for dog training, and alot of kennels were build on the property. And since I have only one dog, I don’t need as many so we decided to remove all the dog kennels and left only one in place. I donated the kennels to a dog shelter for homeless dogs but when they came to pick them up, and I was helping them loading in the fences, a fence slipped and almost amputated my little pinky.
Luckely, my buddy Ferry was there also and since he works in a local hospital, we rushed to it and in about two hours later, they stitched me up and I was ready to continue.
And in about two days, all fences were gone and I now have the big square next to the warehouse free of any fences, creating a large area for parking and storage space. Aftere that has being done, it was time to focus on the house. I wanted to created more livingspace on the back of the house, but also on the front, to create a very large livingroom. So I need to cut away the backwall, some of the front and remove all inner walls on the first floor.
I received all the permits from the authorities for both the extensions so all lights on green! First we removed all the roofpanels so that we could re-arrange sewer piping, electrical wiring and relocated the water pipes.
And after that, we started to remove all inner walls with a sledgehammer and a giant motorsaw.
It created so much dust, that we needed to clear the room every few minutes and we all looked like snowmen, all covered in a white dust. We placed a wall stamp right under a bearing wall to support it for now, as we are getting a large metal beam in. With the roofpanels off, we saw alot of old electrical wiring so we replaced it all.
Installing the center metal beam
After we removed all inner walls, we started to install the large 7 meter steel center beam. It was quite a job to get it into the house and moving it into place. We used a special lift and alot of elbow grease to get it in position and after about an hour, it was locked into place. It was a slow and precise job, as the beam had to be manouvered just between the wooden beams that supported the second floor. But we managed it in and it was truely a perfect fit!
The next step was to remove the entire 7 meter backwall to open it up for the extension on the backside. That backside extension – 7×4 – will also merge with area that we just cleared of all inner walls, creating a livingroom of 13 x 7 meters. Huge amounts of stones and bricks were removed and during this process, and we filled up almost 4 containers with stones alone!
Both beams on the truck. These things were seriously heavy!
Steel beam for the back of the house
That one was even more heavy than the center beam was. We used alot of dollies to roll in into position after we removed the entire backside of the house, including a large window and a complete sliding door with it. And with that same lift, we managed to get it into place and got the job done. We cleared all the inner walls, removed the entire backside of the house and placed both metal beams for support. All in just 2 days.
Check out this video that covers it all and if you like this video, please like an subscribe to my channel!